In 2020, Georgians showed up to vote and changed history. Since then, some big and meaningful policies have been passed because of the political choices we made. In 2024, we have the power to do it again.
This Black History Month, during one of the most important election seasons of our lives, NGP knows that “Black Don’t Crack.” Black Georgia voters have always shown our strength, persistence, and POWER and, we never crack under pressure!
NGP is continuing our Thank You, Georgia! Campaign to celebrate Black Georgia voters and the power of our vote with our #BlackDontCrack House Parties! Thank you, Georgia! is all about letting Georgians know that, because you showed up in 2020, you’ve brought resources and investments to our communities, like new jobs, lower prescription drug costs, and cleaner water. But too many people don’t know about these changes and don’t see how their vote was powerful in making them happen nor how we have the power to do even more in 2024.
That is where you come in! Host a #BlackDontCrack House Party to bring this message to your friends and fam to see that our vote is a powerful tool to create the changes we need. We will help with the food and drinks, and you get the people together to talk about the Georgia we want to see and how our votes help make that Georgia possible.
Here’s how to enjoy the company of your friends and stay civically engaged 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
- Sign up and Schedule! Start by signing up to host and locking in that date anytime between Feb 13 – 29 for your party! 📆🎈.
- Invite your friends! Think of folks who might have voted in 2020 or those who you think want to see good things happen in our communities. 🏆
- Prep! Check out all the tasty #BlackDontCrack curated recipes and cocktails provided below + get your decor ready for a beautifully set table and environment for your guests! Be sure to check out the NGP store for party favors and swag, and, don’t worry, NGP will provide some support for your supplies. 🎊🎉
- Party Program! – We want to give you and your guests kudos for always showing up to the polls and acknowledge what flexing your power has gotten us and all Georgians. Check out our “Why We’re Thankful for Black Voters” list, create your own list of what our vote has gotten us, and make sure party guests understand how powerful their vote is. 💪🏾
- Post! Capture all the unforgettable memories at your #BlackDontCrack House Party! Show us how you and your friends get down, what changes you are thankful for, and why you're excited to vote in 2024 by tagging @newgeorgiaproject on IG with #BlackDontCrack. 📸📲
For success in 2024, it’s important for NGP to keep reminding Georgia voters how much impact their vote has especially as we look back in history and honor those that fought for our right to vote. As we keep voting for those who stand up for us, we keep building power in our communities, and we’ll keep getting the changes we all need.