Senior Data Manager
The New Georgia Project/New Georgia Project Action Fund seeks a data-driven, trained technician with a passion for civic engagement and social justice to serve as its Director of Data & Targeting
The Senior Data Manager uses a data-driven approach integrating tools such as VAN into their organizing and advocacy work. We are looking for someone with a rare skill set: expertise using VAN, Catalist data, and census-related databases, coupled with the ability to translate the purpose and value of these tools to a wide range of audiences. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities: The Senior Data Manager’s goal is to enable the Executive Team to make data-driven, strategic choices in their program work. The Senior Data Manager also serves as an analyst of trends in the larger civic engagement community, specifically providing insight into the behavior, trends, and concentration of Georgia’s New American Majority, which consists of people of color, voters under age 35, and voters in low-income households.
- Conduct data analysis on programs and make strategic recommendations to inform program plans as well as collaborative plans.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and staff to develop targeting strategies for voter engagement, advocacy campaigns, activist mobilization and other organizing efforts.
- Produce reports and other materials needed to track, support, coordinate and identify gaps in strategy.
- Work with partner organizations and the Georgia Table to establish and maintain best practices and standards for data collection, data acquisition and preservation.
- Administer voter file system. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
- Identify and champion opportunities to conduct tests and experiments; assist program staff and partners in facilitating and executing experiments.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- 2+ years in a data related field or two cycles of experience in either candidate or issue-based campaigns, with an understanding of direct voter contact programs.
- Strong data management and analysis skills in VAN (or comparable sophisticated database) and Excel skills required. Familiarity with census data, online electoral tools such as Catalist and with other constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple communities and in diverse settings.
- Must be a self-starter; willing to occasionally work irregular hours and travel as needed.
- Experience working with a state table as staff or table partner staff is desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, online organizing, and social media.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Full-time
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills levels. Our competitive benefits package includes family, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to Marcus@NewGeorgiaProject.org with “Senior Data Manager” in the subject line.
Position is open until filled. The New Georgia Project/New Georgia Project Action Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.