The New Georgia Project (NGP) and New Georgia Project Action Fund (NGPAF) seek an experienced and energetic professional who will lead our efforts to strengthen NGPAF’s civic engagement and political program. The Political Director will work closely with NGPAF core partners to develop, fund, and execute rigorous political and civic engagement programs. Major efforts will include voter registration, voter education, independent expenditures on the Presidential and US Senate races, local candidates and several statewide and local ballot initiatives. The political director is responsible for managing and coordinating our electoral program, including fundraising and donor cultivation.
The political director manages NGP and NGPAF’s long-term plans to use political engagement to build sustainable power in historically marginalized communities. A strong candidate will have significant experience managing staff, raising political money, developing political campaign strategies, and working with community-based organizations.
The political director will report directly to the COO and works closely with members of the senior leadership team. The political director is responsible for the overall success and growth of the political apparatus. Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and strengthen NGP and NGPAF’s political department, including identifying strategic opportunities for growth and success, as well as managing challenges;
- Oversee development of both our state and national political plan by working with NGPAF political staff and partners in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of voter engagement and political programs;
- Manage and provide strong leadership for the Politics Team, including effective supervision and development of staff;
- Raise resources to support the political department budgets for both entities and grow staff;
- Coordinate with other departments within the organizations to ensure that the political program aligns with NGP’s and NGPAF’s broader strategy, particularly close coordination with issue campaign leads.
- Represent NGP and NGPAF in key tables, coalitions, and meetings with allies and national partners;
- Partner with the Communications Team to externally direct NGP and NGPAF’s political agenda and message;
- Provide high-level strategic advice to senior leadership on program development including long-term strategy and growth, targeting, electoral, legislative and ballot initiative opportunities.
- A demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate income families;
- At least 5 years’ experience in electoral, civic engagement, or political campaigns, with some relevant connection to community, labor, or other non-candidate politics;
- At least 2 years of management experience;
- Has a strong political network and relationships with leaders within progressive landscape;
- Experience working across departments or teams within an organization;
- Experience managing large scale or statewide political or voter engagement campaigns is preferred;
- Experience developing or managing candidate endorsement process;
- Experience working with a PAC would be beneficial, but not required;
- Familiarity with political data, latest technologies, and best practices in the field;
- Independent and strong leader that is able to drive project and programs to completion in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work within a coalition of diverse organizations and partners;
- Experience working in diverse communities and with grassroots organizations;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Results-focused and organized;
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently; and
- Willing to have significant travel schedule
Position will be based in Atlanta, GA.
Salary and benefits package, depending on experience.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume and references (references are not contacted until you have had a successful interview) to: email@example.com, with the position title “Political Director” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements, range or history, please include separately from other materials.
NGP and NGPAF are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community.