The Development Associate supports fundraising activities encompassing annual giving, special appeals, events, third party initiatives, corporate sponsorship, individual giving, and day-to-day administrative development tasks. We’re looking for a teammate who is able to innovate, think independently, and initiate change, and simultaneously operationalize and execute on existing development strategies.
- Support donor stewardship system and enter opportunities into donor database
- Manage donation data entry, produce donor acknowledgment letters, and maintain letter templates and development files
- Support annual fundraising plan encompassing annual giving, special appeals, individual gifts, “friend”raisers and volunteer events, third party initiatives, corporate engagement, and social media campaigns
- As a key member of the development team, contribute to the development of fundraising plans, annual budgets, benchmarks, revenue targets, and their performance against budget
- Help plan and execute new initiatives including key support of the board’s development committee
- Support the cultivation and stewarding of stakeholders – members, funders, businesses, organizations, donors, volunteers, and individuals.
- Contribute to pipeline development of prospective funders by researching and identifying new prospects
- Help maintain and support engagement plans for the cultivation and solicitation of prospects
- Conduct regular analysis and reporting
- Support the senior leadership team, board development committee, Board of Trustees, CEO, and affiliate stakeholders in the execution of all fundraising plans
- Provide writing, editing, and proofreading support to team
- Help with basic support and troubleshooting around using web-based solutions and other communication tools for fundraising and stewardship
- Support special projects as assigned
- Attend and present at conferences, trainings, and meetings
While no one individual will possess all of the desired qualifications, we are looking for a candidate who is committed to New Georgia Project/New Georgia Project Action Fund’s mission and possesses the appropriate and necessary blend of the following:
- Relevant post-secondary degree (fundraising, marketing, communications, business administration, etc.) required
- At least 2-3 years of experience planning and executing fundraising initiatives required
- Experience with Salesforce (strongly preferred) or other development databases
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with volunteers and staff with a wide range of skills, communication styles, and interests within a not-for-profit setting
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and Google Suites, virtual technology platforms, and social media
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Motivation, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
- Must have strong sense of initiative and demonstrated ability to exercise agility
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Experience working as a member of a remote or geographically dispersed team (we are statewide in Georgia)
- Innovative, creative problem solver
Salary and Benefits: Salary is based on experience. Our competitive benefits package includes family, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to Marcus@NewGeorgiaProject.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line.
Position is open until filled. The New Georgia Project/New Georgia Project Action Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.