Deputy Field Director
The Deputy Field Director is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and coordination of New Georgia Project/New Georgia Project Action Fund’s advocacy, engagement, and education efforts in various regions of the state – each encompassing multiple counties.
The Deputy Field Director will mobilize and train staff and volunteers for issue advocacy and organizing campaigns and civic engagement campaigns, based on priorities established by the organization.
- Developing, implementing and managing a measurable and sustainable organizing strategy around civic engagement, and advocacy and issue campaigns.
- Overseeing training and capacity building activities.
- Implementing multi-faceted organizing, advocacy and civic engagement campaigns; including supporting the training of community members to act as organizers and advocates.
- Establishing and fostering relationships with key stakeholders and alliances
- Acting as organization representative within the region, including but not limited to:
- Representing organization at various conferences
- Representing the organization at key coalition/alliance tables and convening’s.
- Attend training’s on community organizing, civic participation, voter activation network (VAN), and volunteer engagement.
- Provide the Executive Director with timely monthly, quarterly and year-end reports detailing progress toward annual strategic goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- Minimum of 2 years of campaign experience coordinating all aspects of civic engagement organization or political campaigns including demonstrated success as a Field Coordinator or Campaign Manager.
- Expertise in community organizing strategy and tactics, as well as, non-partisan issue based organizing; specific skills should include grassroots activism
- Solid understanding of and experience with social media and e-advocacy campaigns
- Ability to work in teams, participate in cross-departmental planning and work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to operate confidentially
- Exemplary time management skills; ability to work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines with compromising the quality of the finished product
- Ability to prioritize assignments and demonstrate a high degree of initiative
- Flexibility to work beyond regular core business hours as needed
- Have reliable transportation and be eligible to drive in Georgia
- Ability to travel, as needed
Other desired skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Volunteer recruitment and training
- Meaningful experience of public mobilization, on the ground political campaign or issue advocacy
- Organizing events
- Training adults and speaking in front of groups
- Hands-on political campaign experience
- Flexibility and highly adaptive to changing work needs and environment
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects, and to stand, sit, and drive for extended periods
- Experience working successfully over a long term in high-pressure environments
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts while maintaining important relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and diplomatically in politically sensitive situations
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Willingness to sign and honor a non-disclosure agreement protecting the integrity of employing organization
Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills levels. You should put your desired range in your cover letter. Our competitive benefits package includes family, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
How to apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Marcus@NewGeorgiaProject.org with “Deputy Field Director” in the subject line.
Position is open until filled. The New Georgia Project/New Georgia Project Action Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.