Communications and Digital Director
The Communications & Digital Director will manage a robust communications and digital strategy that aims to advance New Georgia Project/New Georgia Project Action Fund’s program agendas. The Director will have the opportunity to exercise strategic, creative and operational leadership responsible for a range of strategies and tactics, including brand management, content creation, digital engagement, media relations and more. This role is focused on developing and supporting initiatives to advance narrative change and share the work and impact of NGP/NGPAF through the lens of its mission and programs.
The right candidate will have a strong mix of the following:
- At least 10+ years of relevant professional experience in media, public relations, communications and/or marketing required.
- Live in the 24/7 news cycle. Monitor political and social events as they relate to the organization and our campaigns.
- Digital campaigning experience, and – if none – strong attention to detail and a track record of learning new skills and tools quickly
- An analytic mind and a curiosity for data-driven online organizing – previous experience with this is a BIG plus
- Ability to work nimbly in a fast-paced environment, regularly beating deadlines and setting/exceeding expectations
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. (Is this required?)
- Experience working on narrative change and developing effective messaging required.
- Knowledge of best practice and trends in communications required.
- Experience developing and executing multi-channel communications strategies required.
- High degree of knowledge and familiarity within philanthropy and/or nonprofit sectors preferred
- Experience managing teams and complex projects required.
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex issues and language for diverse audiences and platforms required.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills required.
- Ability to develop and nurture strong media relationships required.
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion required.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, grantees, program participants and the general public required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public required.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge and comfort of general web skills required. Familiarity with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud is a plus.
- Ability to travel, upon occasion, required.
Special Projects and Event Logistical Support:
- Provide logistical support and planning for events and activations as needed.
- Support event staffing for internal and external leadership when needed.
- Help project management around key activations and events
- Help manage graphic design requests and relationships with designers.
- Implement and manage all communications-related activities for unit to include development of strategic communications plan, liaison with external media, and other departments within the organization.
- Maintain website and other electronic media to inform, promote, and enhance the visibility of the organization.
- Create public relations written materials, announcements, and other related communications documents.
- Regular training for internal staff on communications activities, roles, and responsibilities.
- With the development department, help to build a robust recurring donor program, identifying influencers and incentives for fundraising campaigns and seeking opportunities to connect campaign moments and milestones to fundraising drives.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all organizational social media properties for content creation and engagement.
- Use analytics to sharpen campaigns and strengthen impact.
- Travel occasionally for staff gatherings, conferences, and for campaign-related actions.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills levels. You should put your desired range in your cover letter. Our competitive benefits package includes family, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
How to apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Marcus@NewGeorgiaProject.org with “Communications and Digital Director” in the subject line.
Position is open until filled. The New Georgia Project/New Georgia Project Action Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.