New Georgia Project (c3) and NGPAF (c4) are seeking an Sr. Research Manager with keen intellectual curiosity and a deep interest in making a positive impact at the intersection of civil rights and political advocacy through applied research. The Research Director will achieve the objectives of the organizations’ strategic directives. The Research Director’s responsibilities will include execution of NGP’s research agenda, managing staff, leading external advisory committees, and support of programmatic development and grant management activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong creative and entrepreneurial spirit and experience leading social and technical research. This position reports to the Data Director and works in close partnership with other senior leadership.
● Design and execute NGP’s mission-driven research agenda to meet both long- and short-term strategic goals.
● Plan, direct, and perform complex research initiatives pertaining to NGP’s mission and portfolio of work.
● Regularly engage with key stakeholders to understand research needs and priorities, including through leadership of our board members.
● Leverage strategic partnerships with academic and other non-profit research organizations to deliver research agenda.
● Develop standardized research methodology and data-management protocols that promote effective and efficient project deployment and execution and build organizational expertise.
● Successfully develop and secure grant funding for research initiatives and maintain relationships with funding entities.
● Effectively communicate research findings to a broad stakeholder network tailored based on stakeholder priorities and information needs.
● Advanced degree in public policy, social science, or related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience leading multi-disciplinary research teams and developing funded research initiatives.
● Experience with a mix of the private and public sector, project-based environments including project development, university research, consulting, or professional services is preferred.
● Expertise in statistical methods and ability to perform statistical analysis using standard statistical tools and techniques.
● Experience with a variety of data visualization techniques to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
● Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience developing technical reports, peer-review publications, and proposals.
● Ability to communicate complex technical findings in a succinct and easy-to-understand manner using captivating language meant to engage the public.
● Demonstrable experience in data mining, profiling, and cleaning.
● Strong sense of commitment to data integrity.
● Strong interpersonal and organizational communication skills.
● Commitment to racial, gender and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside organizations.
The NGP reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
Compensation and Benefits Salary is commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the NGP compensation scale. Benefits include three weeks of vacation to start and access to medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Application Procedure To apply, email a letter of application and resume to resumes@newgeorgiaproject and include in the subject line of the email: your last name and Sr. Research Manager. In your letter, please indicate where you learned of the posting. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The New Georgia Project is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.