The New Georgia Project (NGP) seeks a Senior Accountant to join its finance department. The position will be responsible for the daily, monthly, and annual accounting and reporting needs of our organization. The Senior Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer and works in close collaboration with senior leadership, program leads, and other staff.
● Process receivables and payables, including necessary journal entries.
● Review transactions to ensure their validity.
● Manage the ledger to ensure completeness and accuracy.
● Analyze vendor invoices to ensure they align with contract terms.
● Prepare monthly reporting, including bank reconciliations and budget variances.
● Ensure the timely completion of all regulatory filings, including quarterly and annual tax returns.
● Assist with external audits.
● Ensure all policies, processes, and workflows are properly documented.
● Lead process improvement initiatives within the department.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
● 3-5 years of progressive accounting and reporting experience, including preparing journal entries, bank
● reconciliations, and financial statements.
● Thorough understanding of GAAP
● Strong budgeting and analysis skills.
● Solid experience presenting financial information to senior leadership.
● Experience working with external auditors and providing supporting documentation as needed.
● Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks.
● Superior time-management skills and ability to manage competing deadlines.
● Experience navigating the accounting for related entities.
● Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
● Non-profit experience preferred.
● A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race,
● ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, ability and socio-economic
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The NGP reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the NGP compensation scale. Benefits include three weeks of vacation to start and access to medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Application Procedure: To apply, email a letter of application and resume to email@example.com and include in the subject line of the email: your last name and Senior Accountant. In your letter, please indicate where you learned of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The New Georgia Project is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.